17 September 2009

I found the one thing that really irks me...

people who don't like people with chinchillas!!!

My older brother and his wife came home for a visit this summer. It was great to see them and weird to think that when they come up for christmas they will have baby girl with them (they won't tell us her name). We had the baby shower and lots of family dinners. All in all it was a good time.

But my older brother decided he needed to play the big brother card. See, I am still living at home in my parents basement. Rent free, they cook, don't worry i clean the house, do dishes, cook for them and even do my own laundry! But he decided that little brother and I need to grow up and move out, and that we need to do it soon!

Don't worry I have thought about moving out before this point in time its not like it was a completely new idea, and in fact i have lived on my own before, but after college it was convenient and in all honesty my parents like having us here, otherwise as they say, they have too much house for just the 2 of them.

I found an apartment about a year ago, and I LOVED the pictures and the floorplan, I didn't love the rent, but obviously I'm not going to love that part. They still have open units so I called and set up a walk through. While there the lady asked about pets, me with my big mouth told her i have a chinchilla... turns out they don't allow chinchillas in the building...

WTF... for $300 i can pay to have a cat, I can pay to have a dog, but I can't have a chinchilla... they are hypoallergenic, they live in a cage, they don't smell, they aren't loud, they can't get fleas... seriously i can't have her there though...

SO I said it was a deal breaker and that was that... but it was a cool apartment!

1 comment:

The Princess said...

Don't worry Bora Bora, you will find an even cooler place, with better rent prices and that allows Chinchilla's free of additional charges! :)